If you’re an expert and are interested in catapulting your authority fast, hosting a telesummit may just be the ticket. It can literally result in a quantum leap in business growth.
You may have heard a telesummit referred to by any number of terms including summit, virtual conference, speaker series, online conference, expert lecture series, etc.
The idea behind telesummits is simple: You select a theme for the event and get together a number of experts to share their knowledge on that topic. Each guest will typically promote the telesummit to their own audience.
Benefits of Hosting a Telesummit
Here are some of the benefits you can gain from hosting a telesummit:
- Instant Authority – By hosting the event, you’re adding to your own credibility in your niche.
- List Growth – You’ll be able to dramatically grow your email list since those who want to attend the telesummit become subscribers to your event list.
- Revenue Growth – There are multiple ways to directly monetize a telesummit and you’ll also see ongoing additional revenue by more people being aware of what you have to offer.
- Low Cost – Telesummits can take a lot of time to put together but they can be pretty inexpensive to organize.
- Exposure for Speaking Opportunities – If you’re like many coaches and consultants, you’d probably like to get more speaking engagements. Hosting a telesummit can help you get more speaking practice in and open up the doors for more people to be interested in you as a speaker.
- Relationship Builder – By hosting a telesummit, you’ll find that it becomes much easier to establish relationships with key people within your niche. This can be phenomenal for doing joint ventures down the road and deepening your learning about your niche too.
- Non-Salesy – If you’re like most coaches and consultants I know, you probably dislike sales. Telesummits offer a great way to ethically promote your business and offer true value to participants. You can feel good about what you’re doing.
- Flexible – There’s no set formula to how telesummits have to work. You can have 5 speakers or 25 speakers. You can have 1 speaker a day or 5 speakers a day. You can have the interviews done audio only or video. You can do them live or have them pre-recorded. It’s entirely up to you!
- Podcast Prep – If you’ve ever considered starting a podcast of your own, organizing a telesummit can give you some great practice in interviewing others and open a lot of doors for you to get more high profile guests.
If telesummits are so great, then why don’t more people do them? Well, the reality is that there are a lot of nuances to it. From selecting the right theme to putting together a stellar guest speaker list to marketing it. With so many moving pieces, that means there is a lot that can go wrong.
At Telesummits.com, our team has helped with the production of 153 telesummits to date. We’re experts at generating exceptional results and a fantastic experience for everyone involved. We have a few different options available so you can get as much or as little help as you need.